15:19:20 by admin
Recycling is the process of collecting and processing waste materials into new products. It benefits both your community and the environment. Amongst the known benefits of recycling are the following:
- Conserves natural resources (such as timber, water, and minerals);
- Reduces the volume of waste sent to landfills and incinerators;
- Saves energy;
- Lowers greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change;
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials;
- Helps sustain the environment for future generations;
- Helps create new well-paying jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries
An office is a fast-paced community which is focused mainly in getting its tasks accomplished. It is a place where lots of energy and material is being used to make the company run. Everyday waste is generated and this could amount to large quantities depending on the size of the company.
If you are a company employee, you can help in making your company’s environmental footprint less noticeable by taking these steps towards recycling in the office.
1. Be a role model and show to your coworkers how easy recycling is. If everyone in the office would recycle, it will be a dream come true especially when the entire office has recycling on their office.
2. Know what are the things that your company uses the most and find out if it can be recycled. Paper, toner cartridges, aluminum cans, and old computers are amongst the things that come into mind when recycling is mentioned.
3. Reduce and reuse in the office. This means you should look around your office for things that can be reused or can be used less. Here are some ways you can help accomplish this task:
- Use old envelopes when sending inter-office letters.
- Switch off lights and make sure faucets are turned all the way off.
- Stop buying expensive notebooks. Instead, reuse printed papers that have one clear side by cutting each sheet into half then stapling the sheets together in one corner.
- Think before printing. If you can get away with leaving that email, memo or set of instructions on the screen, do so.
Recycling in the office can become a natural habit, but before the entire office catches on, you need show them how to do it. By doing so, you’re not just able to help the environment but you’re also able to create a more pleasant world for everyone.